Wednesday, April 17, 2013



5 Tips To Healthy Nails

I find myself becoming obsessed with the look and health of my nails.  Now that the weather has gotten much colder (don’t let me get started on this past weekends snow storm). I find my hands are getting dryer and need some TLC.  Whatcha gonna do?  It’s actually very simple with these 5 steps.
  1. Don’t let cuticles weaken – Keep them moistened and, whatever you do, don’t cut them or push them back too far, as that inhibits healthy nail growth.
  2. Massage nails to increase circulation.  I know it sounds silly, right?!, but this results in healthier, faster growing nails.
  3. File nails properly and sparingly - Do not file the tops of your nails because it wears down the nail’s protective surface.   Using a fine-grained nail file, move from the corner to the center of the nail in one direction only.  Avoid sawing back and forth – it can cause splits and breakage.
  4. Make your manicure work for you – I know we love how our manicure makes our nails look, but never leave polish on for more than one week, and always allow a day or two between manicures to allow your nails to breath.
  5. Keep nails hydrated by protecting, conditioning and sealing them. I strongly recommend only using nail products that are 3 Free (Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP Free).  Yes many nail polishes contain the carcinogen Formaldehyde and other toxins.
So what nail products do I use?  I am a devout user of ButterLONDON.  I love their colour palatte, the quality is phenominal, they were the first company to sell non toxic nail lacquer in the USA – and I can feel comfortable painting my little girl’s toes, what more can I ask for…Glamour and Safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment